Do you have as much time to stop and think as you did a year ago?When was the last time you stopped to reflect on something important to you?
In our culture, we equate productivity with speed. If it can be done faster, then it must be more productive.
More often than not our days are fragmented and scattered, consisting of many abrupt starts and stops.
Transitions are ways to slow our hurried pace, help us pay attention and have intention.
Upon entering the home, Japanese people stop and remove their shoes, literally leaving behind the baggage of the world, relaxing the feet, letting go of what has been so that they can be present in the here and now.
How do you transition from one activity to another? You might want to pause for a moment and think about it.
6 comments:
nice post, we all need a reminder !
life drives me crazy. my ADD-self can't stay focused with all the start & stop: email, cell, information crashing at me from all directions. I miss the pre-interwebs days when I could just "work."
I can honestly say...
...that I am very good at slowing down and reflecting.
Its that other part, the productivity and speed stuff that I'm no good at...
Imparting a little wisdom I picked up in one of the meditation classes while in Arizona :-)
Now it's a matter of practicing what I learned.
Hey iMike, let me know when you're in the Diablo area again as I would love to meet up for a ride.
OK, sounds like fun !
Emily you can come ride Diablo with me any time, I live really close! I've been up there more lately, it's nice.
Post a Comment