June 28, 2008

Good publicity or not?

I am not sure what to think about Liz Hatch as I do not know her. All I can say is that I am not sure her soft porn photo shoots for Maxim are a good way of promoting women's cycling. There's even an interview about the photo shoots on Cycleto.com. I don't think they do a lot for female cyclists who want respect and to be taken seriously.

The publicity may be good for Vanderkitten and help them sell more clothing, but the only way to know that would be to analyze revenue growth.

Anyway, all the men I know seem to be wild about her so she must be doing something right.

1 comment:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I'm wild about Liz. She's smart, she's entreprenaurial and she does a lot to promote the sport. and yeah, she's a bit out there, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lance was a bit out there, too. I also don't think objectifying women is a bad thing. Just saying.