I would love to tell you that I don't sweat, and that I don't smell, but that would be lying. Being an athlete, I sweat, and as a result, I often smell! Apparently, if one showers regularly, sweat doesn't smell bad. It's mostly water. Bacteria eats the sweat, oil on the skin and dead skin cells. It is the waste from the bacteria that smells bad. If one washes regularly, there won't be as much oil and dead skin for the bacteria to eat, nor as much bacteria to eat them.
I have recently noticed that no matter how often I do laundry, not matter which detergent I use, and no matter how much detergent I use, it is hard to get the smell of sweat odor out of my cycling clothing and towels.
Why is it that some odors are more stubborn than others?
Most liquid detergents do not target embedded odors and even after cycling clothes are washed, these odors stay entrenched in the fibers. After a few workouts, even the best high tech fabrics typically develop a musty odor. This is caused by bacteria attracted to sweat soaked fabric
Win to the rescue!
I recently discovered a new detergent, Win, that has "scientifically designed super oxygenated system" that directly targets offensive odors and stains. The powerful oxy cleaning technology eliminates the embedded sweat molecules and odors that overwhelm the fabric.
Win is the #1 detergent for removing sweat odors.
I recently bought some Win detergent from Cyclepath in San Mateo. Head on down there and Gebhardt will set you up. While you are there be sure to check out the awesome selection of bikes, rims and cycling accessories.
2 comments:
How could anyone comment on B O
you were @ cyclepath and didn't stop by to see me?
how are you? I'm sorry to read about Lucy......warm thoughts your way, my friend.
Post a Comment