When it comes to shopping my rule has always been, if it 'aint broke, don't replace it. However, in the past few weeks I have broken the rule and made two non-replacement purchases. First, I bought a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi SLR camera. The problem is that I already own two digital cameras (the difference is in the size). The first one I bought is the Nikon Coolpix 950 camera. It works great, it's just a little big and bulky, which led me to justify the purchase several years later of a small, pocket sized Canon Powershot SD700.
So, with two digital cameras why on earth do I need a third?
I do not have a digital SLR camera. It's not that I am looking to fill in that gap, the purchase decision was based solely on the fact that I am going to Africa with my Dad this September and I want to take a camera with me that has adjustable lenses. Unfortunately, I do not think my little, pocket sized, point and shoot would do a very good job capturing wild animals in the bush.
The second purchase I made is a vacuum cleaner. It was MUCH harder making a decision to shell out the dough on a vacuum cleaner than it was on a camera. I currently have a Miele Plus vacuum cleaner. The problem with the vacuum is that it is a canister, and after 7 years I am tired of dragging it around the apartment by the hose and changing endless dust bags. I think I would be much happier with a bag free upright. So, I bought a Dyson DC18 that I found on Overstock.com for $100 off retail plus no sales tax and $1.00 shipping!
Shame on me. I broke my shopping rule and bought two non-replacement items. The good news is that they should both last a long time, plus my apartment will be super clean and I'll have beautiful pictures from my trip to Africa.
No comments:
Post a Comment