September 2, 2007

Fun, fun, fun!

That is how I would describe the day on Saturday. It started out with the 66 mile Challenge Road Race. Given the remote destination, the fields were tiny (the W3 field had 6 entrants). Jesse won the Pro/1/2 race, Robert came in 4th in the Master's 1/2/3 race and Anny finished 3rd in the W3 race. A BIG congrats to all! My legs felt great but a pulled/spasming muscle in my neck/shoulder and loud motel neighbors translated into about an hour of sleep the night before. As a result, I did not do as well as I would have liked, but I did score a coveted Velo Promo t-shirt!

With the mercury climbing above 100, a couple of us headed off after the race in search of a lake to cool off in. We ended up at the Lake Francis Resort and Camp. You would not believe this place -- it was right out of the movie Dirty Dancing!

After paying for parking and access to the pool, our first stop was the rock climbing wall.
Next stop: the lake.
Carla, my new BFF, was dressed to the nine's in her skimpy bikini and sarong. Being the total loser, I forgot my swim suit and had to swim in a pair of shorts and my jog bra. Needless to say, it was not a pretty sight. Anyway, the water felt great. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my Polar watch off before I went in the water and it's now toast.

Back at the camp we settled into lounge chairs by the pool. On my way to the ladies room I was stopped by some 12 year old boy who asked me: "Are you with the singles group?" I wasn't sure what he was asking and so I asked for clarification. At that point his Father, beer in hand, popped his head over the fence and explained that there was a singles group = swinging singles staying at the resort and that there was a Lū'au later on that we were all welcome to attend. What I want to know is why some 12 year old boy was asking me if I was part of the singles group? Was he trying to pick me up? Maybe my soggy see through shorts were sending the wrong message.

It was an unforgettable and totally hilarious day!

No comments: