When I moved out to San Francisco 8 years ago, I owned one pair of Levi 501 jeans and no flip flops. I now have 20 pairs of jeans and probably 8 pairs of flip flops. Given that I can wear jeans to work, my "uniform" tends to be jeans and a black top. Sometimes I wonder if the people in my neighborhood think I only own one set of clothes.Boston is DEFINITELY more conservative, formal and dressy from a clothing perspective, which makes packing for my trip to Boston ULTRA difficult. I need (and want) to strike a balance between comfort and pleasing the parental units. Or rather, avoiding the usual comments:
"Is that all you brought to wear?"
"Don't you have anything else to wear?"
"You're not going out in that are you?"
"Are you going to change before we go out?"
"Do you like those pants on you?"
"Is all you brought to wear jeans?"
"I guess that everyone out in California wears jeans"
So it will most likely be several pairs of jeans for me and one pair of black trousers and a non flip flop pair of shoes for my Mom.
4 comments:
ha ha ;) i love it. have a great trip MLE.
Virginia
so, i guess what you're saying is that black trousers and flip-flops aren't a good look for the east coast?
noted.
way to draw a conclusion through all that gibberish :-)
My guy is from the east coast & I thought he was being silly when he helped me pack before our first trip back...boy, was I surprised when we got there!
Have fun!
Post a Comment