is through his stomach, or so I am told.If that expression, which has evolved from a letter written by the American statesman John Adams back in 1814 is true, boy do I have a recipe for all you ladies out there. No need to panic as I am not talking about whipping up some beef bourguignon, although I am sure that would do the trick too, I am talking about easy to make, easy to bake, cookies.
Anny baked cookies for our rental house last weekend. Having a vicious sweet tooth and being quite the cookie monster myself, I was curious to try the fresh baked goods that included Corn Flakes. Yup, that's right. Cereal was one of the main ingredients. I was a little skeptical at first, but was pleasantly surprised. I am sure my brother-in-law, who is a chef, would be horrified. However, the corn flakes actually added some additional depth and texture to the cookies.
So, if anyone needs to fix a fight or win someone over, I would flick on the oven, pull out a bowl and start whipping up some cookie dough.
Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup regular sugar
1 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup pf coconut (Optional)
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups corn flakes
1 cup of raisins or chocolate chips
Instructions:
Combine ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in a small bowl
Combine butter, sugar (gradually), eggs and vanilla - cream all together
Add dry ingredients gradually
Next add oatmeal, then corn flakes (or other types of flakes)
Then raisins or chocolate chips
Refrigerate dough a couple of hours
Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 min - Do not over-bake
Thanks again for the recipe Anny!
1 comment:
ok, first, you should be a journalist with your catchy intros! i love it. second, those cookies were ridicuously good. so glad to have the recipe.
virgil
Post a Comment