So the race season is slowly winding down to a close. My two goals this season were to:
1. Repeat the races I like
2. Try races I have not done
In keeping with the philosophy of trying new races, I am going to drag myself out of bed at 4:30 am tomorrow to race Dunnigan Hills. I was on the fence about whether or not to do this race since it's awfully late in the season to be training weaknesses, but still, what the hell, there aren't that many races left.
The other day Virginia and I shared our list of targeted races from now until the end of the season.
This is what her list looks like:
Suisun Harbor Crit
San Ardo Road Race
Crockett Crit
Giro di San Francisco
Santa Rosa Crit
Benicia Town Race
This is what mine looks like:
University Road Race
Challenge Road Race
Mt Shasta Hill Climb
Mt Tam Hill Climb
We laughed about the fact that she was specifically avoiding the races I was specifically targeting. It supports the philosophy of focusing on your strengths and not your weaknesses.
2 comments:
GO girls!
My races:
the coffe shop
the wine shop
the chocolate shop
If only I would focus on my weaknesses:
hit the trails and tighten my ass!
You crack me up! Your races sound much more fun!
Post a Comment